We’re happy to announce the latest update to Conductor. This release contains improvements for the WordPress 4.0 Customizer.
WordPress 4.0 Customizer Improvements
The WordPress 4.0 release brought about some improvements to the Customizer. An AYS (“Are You Sure”) confirmation message was added to the Customizer window before it was closed to ensure newly customized settings were not lost. Unfortunately for us, this brought about some challenges due to the nature of Conductor. At the present state, Conductor must refresh the Customizer window in order for any newly registered sidebars to appear.
In previous versions of Conductor, you may have noticed this AYS confirmation appear each time a new content layout was “conducted” in the Customizer. The AYS confirmation will now only appear when necessary (i.e. another setting was modified before conducting a content layout).
We also have ensured that our “helper” buttons work properly with the new Panels API which were not previously opening the new Widgets Panel.
All of these improvements make for a better user experience in WordPress 4.0 and beyond. As always, we’ve kept backwards compatibility in mind and have tested Conductor back to WordPress 3.9 (the earliest supported release).
Having issues after upgrading?
We have tested version 1.0.4 extensively across many versions and variations of WordPress. If you encounter any unexpected issues after upgrading, please let us know by submitting a support ticket.
- WordPress 4.0 Improvements:
- Fixed case where jQuery “beforeunload” event was triggered on Customizer refresh but Conductor needed to refresh to load sidebars for a newly registered content layout
- Triggered “change” event when removing a content layout
- Fixed Conductor “helper” buttons in Customizer to ensure they functioned properly with new Panels
- WordPress 3.9.2 and below Improvements:
- Added beforeunload AYS message that exists in 4.0 to ensure data is not lost when conducting a new content layout
- Transitioned over to http://conductorplugin.com for updates
Conduct your content!